10 Hits & Misses for Me:
1) As a 28/10/1 life path Pioneer in numerology, Tom Cruise is in his zone in this role. After all ‘hero’ has a 28/10/1 energy too. He’s sensitive (2) and authoritative (8) in ways which blaze a trail (1).
2) Watching Kris have a blast made my day. Kris is a 28/10/1 as well and wanted to be a fighter pilot when he was younger. Find your life path
3) Miles Teller is well cast as ‘Rooster’, who has a son-like role to Tom’s character with a tragic backstory. As a 29/11/2 life path Spiritual Messenger, Miles has the complex, charismatic energy typical of 11s (who are over- represented in Hollywood!) Famous 11 Life Paths
4) Loved Jennifer Connelly as Tom’s on-off partner, who owns a bar. She is 51, he is 59 so there was no weird age gap cringiness.
As a 23/5 life path Rebel she’s hilarious (when Tom insults her, she rings a bell that means everyone gets free drinks on him until she says stop…)
5) Punchy dialogue, lots of realistic action plus a respectful depiction of women. I liked the lack of blood, death and gore…
So yeah, the idea of needing a big team to be a high flyer appealed to my 11:11 Starseed nature.
6) Hard not to see it as an ad for the Navy (that said, many of my clients are ex-Defence.)
7) I am craving more action movies apart from Wonder Woman, where women talk TO each other, not just to men or about men…
8) Scientology puts me off Tom but I find his movies inspiring. So I wrestle with that part. After seeing Top Gun I did a years’ worth of gardening the next week plus restarted my palmistry school. At the same time, I ponder on all the cults out there. 7 Signs of Spiritual Whitewashing
9) Booked the wrong tickets, so ended up paying $108 to see the movie. Ouch. Well, 108 is a Buddhist number so it was a lesson in non-attachment.
10) The environmental scientist in me found the expensive planes annoying. I wish we had a planet where more money went on art than war…
In conclusion, Top Gun: Maverick is a fun break from reality. Just take it with a dose of salt (-y popcorn). And use the buzz afterwards for good deeds!
Finished this post at 10:10. All is well xx
8 Spiritual Lessons From The Movie ‘Moana’ – When The Coconuts Go Black, It’s Time To Get On Track!