It’s a New Moon in Aquarius today, which is a glorious time for opening up to greater light and inspiration in your life. We’re also about to enter a Mercury Retrograde from 21 January to 11 February 2015 (see my previous post with dates and survival tips).
This is a wonderful period to nurture ourselves and to catch up with old friends. Mercury retrograde is like an amber traffic light – an opportunity to check we are heading in the right direction and to slow down. It’s not a time to push forwards with brand new projects or sign important contracts, unless they were initiated before early January. Many people have miscommunications under this energy, so patience will be needed.
There is a shadow period with all Mercury Retrogrades, which means that sensitive people (like myself) feel their effects a couple of weeks before and after they occur. So, how can you maintain a sense of humour during this trying period of astrology?
Here are my top 10 ways to make yourself laugh and stay happy over the next few weeks:
1) Spend time with children – watching a two year old talk to a toaster is better than Seinfield. Hugging a furry friend (see photo) is also great for your heart.
2) Hang out with positive people – I used to live with an 83 year old who did her own renovations, gardening and had a boyfriend. They kept me up every Saturday with loud TV shows. Everytime I saw her concreting a pathway in her dressing gown I’d crack up. She taught me that age is irrelevant to fun. There are no limits in life except our belief systems.
3) Do Laughter Yoga – pretending to chuckle is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Or have a tickle fight with your partner.
4) Look up baby animals on Youtube – or have your favourite comedy clips bookmarked, ready for those blue days. Pinterest also has lots of inspiring photos and videos – here’s my 11:11 Inspiration for Budding Psychics page.
5) Jump on a trampoline and try to do a flip (it will at least be funny for other people). Exercise breeds happiness. Fresh air equals fresh ideas and perspectives. I ride rollercoasters or waterslides to cheer up!
6) Sit on a mountain and meditate until you see that life’s a beautiful joke (as they say, ‘God is a comedian people are too afraid to laugh at’). Spending time in nature reminds us that life is messy and that’s perfect. Every tree you see has a mixture of fresh and old growth. It has scars and blemishes yet it stands tall.
7) Throw a dinner party and ask people to bring their cutest/ daggiest baby photos to share.
8) Do Kundalini Yoga. It’s great for developing good breathing and a positive attitude. Russell Brand is a famous fan. There’s a depression-busting move called the Elephant Walk where you hold your feet and stomp around, which is very entertaining. Read my Kundalini Yoga post.
9) Make silly faces at yourself in a mirror. Stick your tongue out. Cross your eyes. Pretend you have no teeth. Eventually you’ll start laughing at your reflection. This really works, and it’s a great mood booster.
10) Think of the funniest thing that ever happened to you and imagine turning a happiness dial from ‘0 to 10’ in your mind’s eye. Visualisation is a very effective way to switch states.
I hope you find this article helpful! If you have any other tips to add, please post a comment below, or write to me on facebook as The Numbers Queen. Please comment on the timeline to ensure I see your message.
2 Comments to 10 Ways To Make Yourself Laugh During Mercury Retrograde (21 Jan – 11 Feb 2015):
Rone on Tuesday, 28 April 2015 8:21 AM
Reply to comment
Data Visualisation on Monday, 29 June 2015 2:44 AM
Reply to comment